(As on: April 1, 2018)
- Welcome to Tries Solutions LLP’s (“Us” or “Our” or “We”) website (“Website”) and mobile application (“Mobile Application”). We operate under the brand name FuelBuddy and are engaged in providing on-demand delivery service of diesel and other fuels through Our Website and Mobile Application either by Our self or through Our subsidiaries, affiliates or third-party service providers (“Service”).
- FuelBuddy uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information and implement your privacy settings. However, We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat Our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
- We want to reduce loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, harassment, and abuse related to Our application, but We cannot guarantee complete perfection. When there is clear evidence of any of the above, We will do Our best to respond promptly. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
- Most mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, etc. (“Platform”) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these Platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. For example, the iOS platform will alert you the first time the Mobile Application wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Mobile Application seeks before you first install or use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Collection of Information
- FuelBuddy collects information about you when you use Our Services and through other interactions and communications you have with us.
- We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, items and quantities requested, delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide. You may also refer to clause 6.2
- When you use Our Services, We collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Personal Information: We collect personally identifiable information (email address, name, phone number, etc.) from you when you set up a free account with us. While you can browse some sections of our Website and Mobile Application without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration. We may use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests.
- Financial Information: If you transact with Us, we collect some additional information, such as a billing address, credit / debit card number and a credit / debit card expiration date and/ or other payment instrument details and tracking information.
- Location Information: When you use the Services, We collect precise location data about the location of the vehicle/fuel tank from the Mobile Application used by the User. If you permit the Mobile Application to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile Platform, We may also collect the precise location of your device when the Mobile Application is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of Our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, product supplied, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, We may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Our delivery drivers (“Driver”). In connection with facilitating this service, We receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, We collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, Mobile Application features or Website pages viewed, Mobile Application crashes and other system activity, type of browser and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with Our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in your device memory that helps Us to improve Our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of Our Services are popular and count visits. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of Our Services. Further, We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as tracking pixels). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in Our Services or emails and to track visits or understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Use of Information
We may use the information We collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve Our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates, security alerts and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of Our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Driver, such as estimated times of arrival, status of refuelling, location and make of your vehicle, or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, or Service sharing;
- Send you communications We think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of FuelBuddy and other companies; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfil any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service to Users and to assist Drivers; and
- Enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including the Terms of Service [www.fuelbuddy.in/termsofservice]; and to protect Us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
Third-Party Links and Information
- We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information We collect through Our Services. For example: If you choose to link, create, or log in to your FuelBuddy account with a payment provider (e.g., Paytm) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses Our API (or whose API We use), We may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- If your employer uses one of Our enterprise solutions, We may receive information about you from your employer.
Sharing of Information
- With Drivers to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, We share your vehicle make, model, year, colour, license plate, photo (if you provide one) and location with Drivers;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or by Us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of Our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let Us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with Our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which We integrate; and
- With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by Us or your employer (e.g., an expense management service provider), if you participate in any of Our enterprise solutions.
- Further, We may share your information as per section 43-A of the IT Act 2000 (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information Rules.
- With Our subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on Our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on Our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if We believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business by or into another company;
- If We otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.Social sharing features
- Social sharing features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on Our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
- Analytics and advertising services provided by others
- Account Information
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some cases We may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if We believe you have committed fraud or violated Our Terms of Service, We may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
- Access Rights
FuelBuddy will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
- Location Information
We request permission for Our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of Our Services. Additionally, disabling Our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit Our ability to collect service location information from a Driver’s device nor Our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
- Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from Us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, We may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or Our ongoing business relations.
- Geo-Location Terms
- International Visitors and Users
We currently only provide the Services in India. If you choose to become a User from other regions of the world, then please note that you may be transferring your personal information outside of those regions for storage and processing. Also, We may transfer your data from India or elsewhere to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and providing the services associated with the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or through the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.